UNECA Senior Geographic Information Assistant Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNECA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Senior Geographic Information Assistant position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNECA.
UNECA Senior Geographic Information Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 25 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 15 May 2022.
|UNECA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||25 April 2022|
|Closing Date||15 May 2022|
|Position||Senior Geographic Information Assistant|
UNECA Senior Geographic Information Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Ten (10) years
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in geospatial information, analysis, mapping data visualization, information management or related area is required.
- Experience with GIS software: ArcGIS Suite (including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS online and their respective extensions) and ERDAS Imagine is desirable.
- Experience with geographic information system design and development, geo-database design and management, software programming languages and with proven skills in web application development is desirable.
- Independently provides full range of geospatial data analysis assistance at all phases of a geospatial data analysis initiative, typically, a large and highly complex component of the departmental geospatial data analysis initiatives, seeking guidance only in exceptional circumstances.
- Participate in the development of geographic information systems, databases and applications along with the necessary geospatial data collection, processing, analysis and dissemination.
- Assist in design, development and maintenance of online application systems and programs, typically using standard web-base APIs as well as UN established standards for information systems, technologies and tools.
- Serves as a focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of geospatial data analysis activity, involving extensive liaison with diverse parts of the organization to request geospatial data and to communicate geospatial data needs to other parts of the organization. Follows-up on requests made by other team members and coordinates activities.
- Maintains specific information products in their area and assists more senior staff in providing information products to others.
- Drafts correspondence and communications related to all aspects of geospatial data analysis, including information on available geospatial data sets, geospatial data catalogs and geospatial data analysis, revisions and other related issues, as well as preparing unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports.
- Prepares newsletters and other products related to geospatial data analysis activities; drafts inputs for a wide range of documents/reports, briefings/debriefings, correspondence, etc.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176390….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 15 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.uneca.org|