UNECA Involvement in Weather and Climate Information Services Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNECA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Involvement in Weather and Climate Information Services position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNECA.
UNECA Involvement in Weather and Climate Information Services Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 16 May 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 19 May 2022.
|UNECA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||16 May 2022|
|Closing Date||19 May 2022|
|Position||Involvement in Weather and Climate Information Services|
UNECA Involvement in Weather and Climate Information Services Jobs 2022
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Master’s degree.
- Experience: A minimum of ten years
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university (Master’s degree) in physical sciences, climate studies, development studies, economics,or related fields is required. A doctorate degree in the above field is highly desirable.A first level university degree in a combination of additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in climate change issues, climate science/meteorology and a proven track record in working on development policy issues is required.
Objectives of the study:
This consultancy position is located at the ACPC, Technology, Climate Change and Natural Resource Division (TCND) of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The incumbent will undertake a critical analysis on the involvement of the private sector in WCIS delivery, involving assessment of current markets for WCIS in SSA, identify existing private sector engagement in WCIS value chains, analyze the policy/regulatory framework in WCIS and develop promising business models for private sector involvement that enhance the production, dissemination and uptake of WCIS in Africa. This assignment shall use case studies from one anglophone and one francophone countries as well as Africa Small Island Developing States(SIDS) to identify best practice in private sector engagement in the climate information and services(CIS) value chain
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179735….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 19 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.uneca.org|