UNECA Intern and Economic Affairs Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNECA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Intern and Economic Affairs position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNECA.
UNECA Intern and Economic Affairs Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 20 May 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 13 November 2022.
|UNECA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||20 May 2022|
|Closing Date||13 November 2022|
|Position||Intern and Economic Affairs|
UNECA Intern and Economic Affairs Jobs 2022
The International Finance Corporation (UNECA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: No working experience is required
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- The Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and Africa Sports Unified (ASU) launched in April 2021 the Programme of Work on Sport and Trade to leverage the ability for sport to support the inclusive implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) by targeting youth, women and girls and persons with disabilities.
- The programme aims to explore and leverage the linkage between the AfCFTA and sport through knowledge generation and stakeholder engagement. The programme will understand how building and growing an inclusive and sustainable sports ecosystem can promote regional cooperation, entrepreneurship, employability, innovation, manufacturing and ultimately inclusive intra-African trade.
- It also explores opportunities the AfCFTA brings to address the multidimensional challenges young people and women face in Africa to obtain quality jobs and decent wages by creating new opportunities for intra-African trade across manufacturing and services sectors in the African sports industry. It will address the limited access youth and women have to professional associations and to the resources that can support their participation in trade. At the same time, it will focus on the transfer of knowledge from leading research on entrepreneurship and innovation, including training and skills development.
- The AfCFTA holds a promise to accelerate inclusive and sustainable development in Africa through the creation of a single and liberalized market for goods and services which will increase intra-African trade and boost revenues and livelihoods.
- With trading having commenced on 1 January this year, the AfCFTA presents an opportunity to address the challenges young people face in Africa in obtaining employment and decent wages by creating new opportunities for trading and entrepreneurial activities across various manufacturing and services sectors.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx… to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 13 November 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.uneca.org|