UNECA Finance Assistant Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNECA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Finance Assistant position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNECA.
UNECA Finance Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 23 March 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 20 April 2022.
|UNECA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||23 March 2022|
|Closing Date||20 April 2022|
UNECA Finance Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: Five (5) years
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certificate/coursework/training in accounting, finance, banking or direct related fields is desirable.
- Must have passed the United Nations Global General Service Test (GGST) – refer to the Special Notice section for additional information.
- Five (5) years of experience in finance, accounting or related area is required.
- Experience working with United Nations Financial Rules and Regulations and Staff Rules or those of a similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience in processing, verifying or reconciling accounts related to salary, payroll or accounts payable experience is desirable.
- Experience in payroll or finance modules of ERP systems, such as Umoja and SAP, is desirable.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience within the United Nations Common System or a similar large, international organization, is desirable.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements.
- Supports the Finance Assistant in extracting information and generating expenditure reports from computerized information system databases; assists in preliminary analyses of the extracted information and the reports generated, and highlights areas of concern for the attention of the Finance/Budget Officer(s).
- Processes of payment to governments and vendors for goods and services. This includes, amongst other things calculating, inputting, and checking payments for correctness and communicating discrepancies to supervisors.
- Reviews and processes requests to create “other” (non-vendor, non-staff) business partners in the UMOJA system, checking the accuracy and completeness of submissions and preventing duplication of existing records.
- Researches/compiles data and other information required by the Finance Budget Officer(s) in the review and analysis of relevant proposals.
- Consolidates data and provides support to Finance/Budget Officer(s) with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Assists the Finance/Budget Officer(s) in the preparation/finalization of budget performance reports, performing preliminary analysis of variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Prepares pre-encumbrances and obligations in IMIS and review them to ensure that funds are available and the correct account has been used.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 20 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.uneca.org|