UNECA Finance Assistant Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNECA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Finance Assistant position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNECA.
UNECA Finance Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 29 March 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 26 April 2022.
UNECA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||29 March 2022|
|Closing Date||26 April 2022|
UNECA Finance Assistant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Five (5) years
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certificate/coursework/training in accounting, finance, banking or directly related fields is desirable.
- Must have passed the United Nations Global General Service Test (GGST) – refer to the Special Notice section for additional information.
- Five (5) years of experience in finance, accounting or related area is required.
- Experience working with United Nations Financial Rules and Regulations and Staff Rules or those of a similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience in processing, verifying or reconciling accounts related to salary, payroll or accounts payable experience is desirable.
- Experience in payroll or finance modules of ERP systems, such as Umoja and SAP, is desirable.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience within the United Nations Common System or a similar large, international organization, is desirable.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements.
- Supports the Finance Assistant in extracting information and generating expenditure reports from computerized information system databases; assists in preliminary analyses of the extracted information and the reports generated, and highlights areas of concern for the attention of the Finance/Budget Officer(s).
- Processes of payment to governments and vendors for goods and services. This includes, amongst other things calculating, inputting, and checking payments for correctness and communicating discrepancies to supervisors.
- Reviews and processes requests to create “other” (non-vendor, non-staff) business partners in the UMOJA system, checking the accuracy and completeness of submissions and preventing duplication of existing records.
- Researches/compiles data and other information required by the Finance Budget Officer(s) in the review and analysis of relevant proposals.
- Consolidates data and provides support to Finance/Budget Officer(s) with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Assists the Finance/Budget Officer(s) in the preparation/finalization of budget performance reports, performing preliminary analysis of variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Prepares pre-encumbrances and obligations in IMIS and review them to ensure that funds are available and the correct account has been used.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=177238….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 26 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.uneca.org|