UNECA Director Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the UNECA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Director position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNECA.
UNECA Director Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 15 March 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 27 April 2022.
|UNECA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||15 March 2022|
|Closing Date||27 April 2022|
UNECA Director Jobs 2022
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Advanced University Degree.
- Experience: Minimum of fifteen years
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in development studies, gender, economics, social science or related fields is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in in socio-economic development with strong focus on development issues is required.
- Strong policy analysis experience and the management of advocacy campaigns is required.
- Extensive international experience is desirable.
- Experience with development issues in Africa is desirable.
Under the overall direction of the Deputy Executive Secretary (Programme), the Director of the Gender, Poverty and Social Policy Division will perform the following functions:
- Leads, supervises and carries out the work programme of the Division under his/her responsibility derived from the commitments agreed upon through relevant United Nations, inter-governmental processes, the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, and regional mandates, with the aim to promote change at the policy and institutional levels particularly those involved in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of social development policies and programmes.
- Manages policy-oriented research to support policy making and programming for an inclusive, equitable and sustainable development in Africa, and supervises the generation of new knowledge in the fields of poverty and inequality; population dynamics, gender equality and women’s empowerment; migration, employment, social protection, and urbanization.
- Co-ordinates and oversees the preparation of reports for presentation of reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/ substantive issues, as appropriate, particularly those presented in biannual and/or annual reports.
- Ensures that the knowledge outputs produced by the Division maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data. Ensures that all outputs produced by the Sections under his/her supervision meet required standards before completion to ensure they comply with the relevant mandates.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 27 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.uneca.org|