UNDRR MTR SF Senior Consultant Africa Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UNDRR is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the MTR SF Senior Consultant Africa position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UNDRR.
UNDRR MTR SF Senior Consultant Africa Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 15, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by March 22, 2022.
|UNDRR EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2022|
|Closing Date||March 22, 2022|
|Position||MTR SF Senior Consultant Africa|
UNDRR MTR SF Senior Consultant Africa Jobs 2022
The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 7 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English is required/ Fluency in French and Portuguese is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in social science, public administration, disaster risk reduction, risk management, environmental sciences, urban planning, sustainability, sustainability transitions, geopolitics, economics, finance, or other relevant discipline is required. A first-level university degree combined with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least seven years of proven professional experience in the areas of disaster risk reduction, sustainable development, environmental management, climate change, public governance or financing, economic development or related field is required.
- Prior experience in engaging governments / stakeholders and facilitating multistakeholder consultations (in-person and virtual) and relationship management in Africa is desirable.
- Expertise in research / review and analysis, and the preparation and production of reports is desirable.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of institutional, reporting, and legislative frameworks for disaster risk management or related fields in Africa is desirable.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Regional Office for Africa and the direct supervision of the Programme Management Officer Sendai Monitoring, in close liaison with the SFM P MTR SF Programme Officer and Senior Coordinator in the Director’s Office (DO), the consultant(s) will support the development and roll-out of structured consultations and reviews at regional, national and local levels, led/facilitated/moderated by UN Member States, UN System partners and/or Stakeholders. The outcomes of the consultations and review will generate the findings of the retrospective aspect of the MTR SF, as well as the recommendations that guide the prospective aspects of the review.
Informed by, inter alia, the Concept Note of the MTR SF (available also herehttps://sendaiframework-mtr.undrr.org/about?3), and additional guidance provided, the consultant will carry out the following tasks:
- Prepare a work plan with provisional timelines for the Member State, IGO, stakeholder roll-out of the MTR SF, identifying pre-existing meetings, events or processes in which MTR SF consultations and review can take place.
- Literature review – review recent regional assessment reports, country-specific status reports, outcomes of regional events (especially the recent Africa Regional Platform https://afrp.undrr.org/ in particular the dedicated session available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZF4zGDCHWU ), and other relevant reports and studies on the Sendai Framework, as well as risk reduction within sustainable development. The Literature Review undertaken at global level will also feed into this exercise.
- Identify, engage and prepare MTR SF focal point organisations and persons /facilitators for regional/national/local consultations and review – to be identified from among existing counterparts (DRR / SF FPs) and stakeholders, and/or focal points/facilitators (e.g. UNRC/UNCT, DCO, UNDP RR/CT, IGOs; CCA, SDCF, VNRs) from other global stock-taking exercises and/or sustainable development planning processes.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176971 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: March 22, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.undrr.org|