UN-HABITAT Urban Resilience Specialist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Urban Resilience Specialist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT Urban Resilience Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 05, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 15, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 05, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 15, 2022|
|Position||Urban Resilience Specialist|
UN-HABITAT Urban Resilience Specialist Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 3 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written French and English is required.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Urban Planning/Design, Architecture, Environmental Studies, Sustainable Development or Development Studies, International Relations and/ or other relevant discipline with a focus on human settlements equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in Urban Planning, Architecture, Graphic Design, Project Management, or related fields at international level is required.
- Familiarity with the concepts of disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and urban resilience, and a demonstrable understanding of urban development processes, urban planning, urban social issues, urban policy analysis.
- Good understanding and knowledge of urbanization issues in the Sahel region is required.
- Experience within multi-cultural international institutions would be considered an asset.
- Capacity to analyze and synthesize information.
- Ability to work in team and individually to achieve organizational goals with a high degree of responsibility, often under pressure.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Human Settlements Officer (HSO) in the Regional Office for Africa, and in close collaboration with the Technical Leading Team (TLT) of the project and the National Project Manager in Comoros, the Urban Resilience Specialist will be responsible of providing substantive and administrative contribution to regional work on the Central Sahel and in the framework of country programmes in Comoros. Within the Regional Office for Africa, he/she will carry out the following;
- – Review of documents and meeting participation for the Spatial Development Framework for the Sahel project (under Outcome 1 of the Sahel project);
- – Provide technical inputs and prepare the work package for the CityRAP tool implementation in the framework of the Sahel project (under Outcome 2 of Sahel project);
- – Collect and gather field evidence and data from the CityRAP Tool implementation that can inform the Regional Assessment of Cities in the Sahel Region (under Outcome 1 of the Sahel project);
- – Provide technical inputs and prepare the work package for the implementation of all activities of the CityRAP tool in the framework of the SEA Urban Resilience Project in Comoros;
- – Prepare the work package for delivery of capacity building activities for the Post-Kenneth Project in Comoros.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179195 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 15, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|