UN-HABITAT Urban Resilience Programme support Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Urban Resilience Programme support position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT Urban Resilience Programme support Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 12, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 25, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 25, 2022|
|Position||Urban Resilience Programme support|
UN-HABITAT Urban Resilience Programme support Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University Degree.
- Experience: No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN Language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Urban Planning and Development, Architecture, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Interest in the thematic of urban resilience is desirable. Please explain why you are interested in the thematic of urban resilience and your motivation to work in the sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in computer software applications is desirable. Please provide some information about any specific skill you might have in the field of communications, and/or, writing, and/or graphic design.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the Supervision of the Human Settlements Officer, the intern will:
- – Support different types of activities related to the Technical Centre for Sustainability, Disaster Risk Management and Urban Resilience (DiMSUR), including further dissemination of the City Resilience Action Planning (CityRAP) Tool;
- – Support communication and outreach activities, such as drafting articles for the UN-Habitat and DiMSUR websites;
- – Support the development of new projects and fund-raising proposals, and undertaking research regarding urban resilience, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction;
- – Support for the organization of events and conferences in terms of content creation, logistics, etc.
- – Perform other tasks as needed, including but not limited to note taking, drafting minutes, translations, attendance to meetings, related to the activities and projects falling under the urban resilience, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation portfolio in ROAf.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178956 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 25, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|