UN-HABITAT UNITAC Research Monitoring and Evaluation Expert Consultant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the UNITAC Research Monitoring and Evaluation Expert Consultant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT UNITAC Research Monitoring and Evaluation Expert Consultant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 14, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 21, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 21, 2022|
|Position||UNITAC Research Monitoring and Evaluation Expert Consultant|
UN-HABITAT UNITAC Research Monitoring and Evaluation Expert Consultant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Academic Qualifications: An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, social sciences, political science, international development, urban and regional planning, architecture, innovation or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience: A minimum of two years’ relevant professional experience in architecture, urban planning, sustainable urban development and digital transformation, innovation, social and/or political science, international development or related field is required. Experience in research, writing, drawing and preparation of visual/graphical material using computer-aided design tools is desirable. Experience in working with digital platforms and websites, including social media is desirable. Experience in project management, ideally in international organization contexts, is desirable.
- Conduct backround research for people-centred smart city project planning and development (at least 6 initiatives), in close collaboration with key stakeholders, the UNITAC and UN-Habitat digital team.
- Coordinate projects and support the team, knowledge, experience and dissemination on digital technologies, urban knowledge, data and innovation, and sustainable urban development.
- Monitor the implementation of people-centred smart city project implementation (at least 6 initiatives), in close collaboration with key stakeholders, the UNITAC and UN-Habitat digital team.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops, supports consultative and other meetings, conferences (at least 6 initiatives).
- Delivers presentations on assigned topics/activities, conducts research and prepares reflective texts on urban projects, processes, and best practices (at least 6 initiatives).
- Prepares various written outputs (at least 6 initiatives, i.e. background papers, analysis, reports, and publications)
- Report on procedure for documentation of project inception, implementation, and post- project review processes, including knowledge products in support of overall UNITAC objectives and CoPs and recommendations for incorporating knowledge management principles and activities into the communications and advocacy strategy.
- Report on evaluation of implementation and lessons learnt of people-centred smart city projects (at least 6 initiatives).
- Research and program evaluation (at least 6 initiatives).
- Reviews assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies (at least 6 initiatives).
- Coordinate knowledge in line with UNITAC’s communications strategy, including concrete outputs for external audiences on knowledge management and lessons learnt.
- Prepare UN-Habitat website content in relation to UNITAC programme efforts and UNITAC sub-page and social media content; Online articles and blog posts on UNITAC inoitiatives (minimum 4).
- UNITAC’s quick win projects implementation report, including lessons learnt.
- Project-specific work tracker to assist in project and knowledge management processes.
- Develops training material and workshops (at least 6 initiatives).
- Creates visualizations and reports for requested projects using a different computer-assisted design tool (at least 6 initiatives).
- Final report required to hand over activities to the UNITAC programme, communication and advocacy team.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178074 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 21, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|