UN-HABITAT Safer Cities Programme Intern Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Safer Cities Programme Intern position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT Safer Cities Programme Intern Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 15, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 28, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 28, 2022|
|Position||Safer Cities Programme Intern|
UN-HABITAT Safer Cities Programme Intern Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University Degree.
- Experience: No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Currently pursuing or attained advanced degree in social sciences and/or related studies (Master or PhD candidate preferable).
- Knowledge in ICT web development, statistical indicators will be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of crosscutting thematic issues such as safety, urban planning and development etc. is required.
- Ability to plan, prepare and organize events, meetings, workshops, conferences and expert groups meetings using key coordination tools (Microsoft teams, zoom, excel etc.) is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out research for meetings, workshops, baseline studies etc. is required.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the Supervision of the Coordinator of the Safer Cities Programme in the Human Rights and Social Inclusion Unit, the intern will:
- – Conduct a literature review on existing crime/violence observatories at the municipal level
- – Support the development and revision of concepts and documents, including drafting, commenting and production.
- – Assist in preparation of meetings and missions
- – Update of web page on safer cities work being undertaken by UN-Habitat and partners
- – Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179394 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 28, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|