UN-HABITAT Programme Management Assistant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Programme Management Assistant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT Programme Management Assistant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 04, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 17, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 04, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 17, 2022|
|Position||Programme Management Assistant|
UN-HABITAT Programme Management Assistant Jobs 2022
The UN-HABITAT seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3 years experience in general office support or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English is required.
:Within limits of delegated authority and depending on location, Team Assistants at this level may be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic, and may not be performed by all Team Assistants.)
- Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Assists in cleaning up of projects and reviewing of commitments
- Raising of payment requests for consultants and creation of Service Entry Sheets (SESs)
- Preparation of Low Value Purchase Orders
- Collecting data from relevant databases to prepare customized financial reports for projects
- Assist the APMO in regular review of projects financial data to ensure budget implementation and performance
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Monitors processes and schedules related the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
- Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases.
- Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Screens phone calls and visitors; responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
- Assists in the maintenance of websites by scanning, converting and posting a variety of documents onto the site.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Performs data entry and extraction functions.
- Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
- Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
- Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications, etc.).
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
- Assists in providing software and office equipment support.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff on general office processes and procedures, computer applications, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=180355 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 17, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|