UN-HABITAT National Urban Policy Consultant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the National Urban Policy Consultant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT National Urban Policy Consultant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 08, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 15, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 08, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 15, 2022|
|Position||National Urban Policy Consultant|
UN-HABITAT National Urban Policy Consultant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University degree (at least Master preferred).
- Experience: Minimum 7 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For the post advertised, fluency in spoken and written French is required. Knowledge of English will be an advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- University degree (at least Master preferred) in a discipline relevant to the mission development and analysis of public policies, urban planning, urban policy, urban geography, architecture, engineering, urban governance, policy development and analysis, social science, related field or any other equivalent diploma. A first level degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the field of urban planning, in particular on the development of public policies, on planning, urban management, on the economy of cities, regulations and legislation, services of base, urban governance, etc. is required;
- Have proven experience in the development of urban policies and institutional capacity building would be an asset;
- Have relevant work experience in developing countries and recognized work done previously for the United Nations is an advantage;
- Have relevant experience in public policy, decentralization, formulation of urban policies and have in-depth knowledge that can promote the combination of population growth and economic, social and environmental development is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
Context and organizational framework
- The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable cities, with the aim of providing adequate housing for all. UN-Habitat is the lead agency within the United Nations for the implementation of the New Urban Agenda. UN-Habitat supports Member States and development partners to transform cities into safer, more resilient and healthier places with better opportunities. She works with organizations at all levels, including all spheres of government, civil society and the private sector. The incumbent will be based in Conakry (Guinea).
- The UN-Habitat Regional Office for Africa (ROAf) is working with the government of Guinea Conakry for the implementation of the SANITA program (Urban Development and Sanitation Program in Guinea). Within the framework of the National Indicative Program (NIP) of the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), urban sanitation is identified as a priority. The decision to improve the health situation encourages an integrated territorial approach while promoting inclusive and sustainable urban and territorial policies.
- There was a first project implementing this sector, the Urban Development and Sanitation Program in Guinea (SANITA), signed in December 2017 for an amount of 42 million euros. The general objective of SANITA is to improve the sanitary environment and the quality of life of urban populations, particularly in Conakry and Kindia. This time, in this action entitled “Urban Development and Sanitation Program in Guinea (SANITA) – Sustainable Cities”, it is a question of strengthening urban governance at the local and national level under the responsibility of UN-Habitat. This main objective can be broken down into two specific secondary objectives, which are:
- Improving in a participatory manner the legal, regulatory and institutional framework for urban development at the national level and in the city of Conakry in particular;
- Strengthen the institutional capacities and skills of stakeholders in the development and implementation of policy documents and urban and territorial planning through a participatory approach, taking into account the gender issue.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178754 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 15, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|