UN-HABITAT Legal Intern Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Legal Intern position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT Legal Intern Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 14, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 27, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 27, 2022|
UN-HABITAT Legal Intern Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University Degree.
- Experience: No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in both English and French is required. Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- LLB (Bachelor of Legislative Law) and Preferably having just completed Law School or engaged in a Master’s course in a related field.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the Supervision of the Legal officer, the intern will:
- – Assist the Legal Officer in carrying out legal research and other legal related functions;
- – Research rules, policies and regulations of the UN, both constitutional and operational, and including privileges and immunities, the use of the UN logo, the name and emblem and draft memoranda thereon;
- – Research issues relating to international commercial and contract law as applicable to international public institutions and their dealings with partners;
- – Assist with the drafting of legal memoranda, submissions, or portions thereof, including statements of relevant facts; reviewing drafts of correspondences and legal submissions
- – Research Administrative Tribunal decisions in connection with the hearing of the UNDT, the Appeals Tribunal, and prepare submissions and briefs;
- – Contribute to the sharing of legal knowledge with UN-HABITAT;
- – Assist in the setting up of the legal database of UN-Habitat, reviewing drafts and templates;
- – Assist with other matters as required.
- – Perform any assignment made by the Legal Officer.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179245 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 27, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|