UN-HABITAT Consultant for Technical Support Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Consultant for Technical Support position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT Consultant for Technical Support Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 11, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 19, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 11, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 19, 2022|
|Position||Consultant for Technical Support|
UN-HABITAT Consultant for Technical Support Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent).
- Experience: Minimum 7 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English, Basque and Spanish. This position is in Spain and therefore fluency in Basque and Spanish is a requirement.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in social sciences, business administration or law or related field. A first level degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in project or program formulation and management, multi-stakeholder group management, or related areas is required.
- Experience with sound knowledge of the Basque Region’s Urban Agenda, as well as the regional ecosystem for SDG implementation and its relevant stakeholders is desirable.
- Understanding of development paradigms of urban topics.
- Knowledge of the New Urban Agenda, SDG 11 and other SDGs related to cities and 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, and in close collaboration with Department of Territorial Planning, Housing and Transport of the Basque Government, the Consultant will be responsible for providing:
Development of the Work Plan and follow-up of the SDG and Urban Agenda localization Working Group:
The Basque Urban Agenda has as its fundamental reference the long-term orientation of the urban-related policies. For this reason, strategic reflection is a key element for its development, its eventual updating, and its multiple possibilities of integration in the public policies of the Region. As part of the mechanisms established in the proposed Strategy for the Implementation of the Urban Agenda of the Basque Country (developed in the previous phases of this project) the above-mentioned “SDG and Urban Agenda localization Working Group” has been established, as a consultative framework and reflection on the implementation of the Agenda and urban policies in the region.
The activities of the Working Group will require continuous support in tasks such as the definition of the annual work plan, the preparation of annual meetings, programs and associated events, the monitoring and follow-up of progress and agreements reached within the framework of the Group, among others.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://inspira.un.org/psc/UNCAREERS/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/UN_CUSTOMIZATIONS.UN_JOB_DETAIL.GBL?Page=UN_JOB_DETAIL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=180424& to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 19, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|