UN-HABITAT City Exchange Consultant Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the City Exchange Consultant position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT City Exchange Consultant Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 24, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 07, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 24, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 07, 2022|
|Position||City Exchange Consultant|
UN-HABITAT City Exchange Consultant Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 04 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, excellent fluency in oral and written English and Spanish is required.
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Urban, Regional or Transport Planning, International Relations and Affairs or Sustainable Development is required;
- Experience: At least four (4) years of relevant experience in organising public events, city exchange visits and workshops in the field of low carbon services is required;
- Demonstrated Knowledge in areas of climate change mitigation; sustainable urban mobility; SDGs is required;
- Knowledge of UN policies and procedures is an advantage;
- UN-Habitat, the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable and resilient towns and cities. It is the focal point agency for all urbanization and human settlement matters within the UN system. UN-Habitat envisions well-planned, well-governed and efficient cities and towns, with adequate housing, infrastructure and universal access to employment and basic services such as mobility, water, energy, and sanitation.
- The Federal Ministry for Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), of the Federal Republic of Germany is supporting implementation of the project: “URBAN PATHWAYS: Supporting Low Carbon Plans for Urban Basic Services in the context of the New Urban Agenda“. Led by UN-Habitat, the project is being implemented by a consortium of partners that includes the Wuppertal Institute of Climate, Energy and Environment and UN Environment.
- The Urban Pathways project helps delivering on the Paris Agreement and the NDCs in the context of the New Urban Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals. The project provides knowledge, capacity and technical assistance to local governments in Kenya, India, Vietnam and Brazil to develop feasible low carbon urban development plans. The plans include an assessment of the political, technological, socio-economic and financial viability. The local implementation concepts are being developed into bankable projects, focusing on the access to urban basic services to create a direct link between climate change mitigation and sustainable development goals. This process is being replicated regionally with policy development and implementation support and advice on stakeholder engagement and financing mechanisms.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176804 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 07, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|