UN-HABITAT Associate Programme Management Officer Human Settlements Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Associate Programme Management Officer Human Settlements position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT Associate Programme Management Officer Human Settlements Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 07, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 14, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 07, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 14, 2022|
|Position||Associate Programme Management Officer Human Settlements|
UN-HABITAT Associate Programme Management Officer Human Settlements Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: first-level university degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; and working knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A first-level university degree in urban planning, sustainable development, business administration, communications, information technology, management or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience required: of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management, capacity building, technical development of digital on-line learning tools, and administration
- Experience in developing capacity building tools and materials is required.
- Prior experience in the area of sustainable urban development is desirable.
- Experience with the United Nations is desirable.
- Experience in facilitating and leading capacity building activities is desirable.
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Associate Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Works with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, including the Capacity Building Strategy; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Supports the implementation of UN-Habitat’s Capacity-building Strategy and specifically the digital innovation component. Support the creation, management and optimization of existing online platforms and online capacity building tools using instructional design and content management methods. Supports the delivery of digital capacity-building products by providing technical expertise and content management. Assists in preparing communication and dissemination strategies.
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities, to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops and other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, this includes drafting background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, and inputs to publications.
- Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, and handling logistics.
- Undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support and data collection.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
- Performs other duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178298 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 14, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|