UN-HABITAT Associate Evaluation Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the UN-HABITAT is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Associate Evaluation Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with UN-HABITAT.
UN-HABITAT Associate Evaluation Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on March 30, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 28, 2022.
|UN-HABITAT EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||March 30, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 28, 2022|
|Position||Associate Evaluation Officer|
UN-HABITAT Associate Evaluation Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree).
- Experience: Minimum 02 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) business administration, information technology, computer sciences, statistics, management, economics or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible work experience in project/programme management, administration, evaluation or related area is required.
- Experience in strategic planning, programme monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Experience in devising and implementing evaluation mechanisms (e.g. public opinion surveys) to assess popular perceptions is desirable.
- Works with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Identifies issues that would lead to evaluation work planning items and provides inputs to the planning, conduct and reporting of evaluations of UN-Habitat operations, policies, strategies, themes, projects, programmes and ensuring that evaluations conducted are in conformity with UN norms and standards for evaluation;
- Supports coordination of evaluation functions at division, branch, regional and country levels.
- Reviews and analyses emerging evaluation issues and trends and participates in evaluations or research activities and studies;
- With significant guidance, assists in development of a well-focused evaluation Terms of Reference for conducting evaluations that include complete background, purpose, scope, evaluation approach and methodologies, evaluation questions, stakeholder involvement, evaluation management, deliverables and time schedules;
- Provides substantive inputs in the preparation of evaluations products that would improve uptake of evaluations by different stakeholders, including evaluation briefs, newsletters, videos, guidance documents and ensuring they are systematically shared on internal and external electronic platforms of UN-Habitat;
- Participates in survey initiatives; assists with design of data collection tools; collects reliable and accurate information in an objective way, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares survey reports;
- Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Ensures that the evaluation module, integrated in PAAS and the Evaluation Recommendations Tracking System are continuously monitored and updated and is able to generate reports from the system as and when they are needed to facilitate accountability, learning and programme improvement.
- Review updates in the Integrated Planning, Monitoring and Reporting (IPMR) system for preparation of annual evaluation plans and evaluations of individual projects and programmes.
- Develops innovative tools and technologies to deliver evaluative information to those that can use it, by synthesizing evaluation reports to get key messages and in appropriate formats to be shared with various audiences and key stakeholders of evaluations;
- Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other evaluation meetings, workshops conferences, etc., including proposing agenda topics, preparation of documents and presentations;
- Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive support, data collection, etc;
- Contributed to updating the UN-Habitat Evaluation website;
- Undertakes other assignments in support of the Independent Evaluation Unit to implement its work.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=176183 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 28, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||unhabitat.org/kenya|