Team Leader Job 2023 at Dadaab by DRC Career. DRC, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Team Leader to join their team.
Team Leader Job 2023 at Dadaab by DRC
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian non-profit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world. Through convoy operations DRC was responsible for delivering half of the international humanitarian aid in Bosnia and Herzegovina during the wars of independence in the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Team Leader – Protection
Number of Vacant Post
- 01+ Post
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 16th March 2023
- Dadaab, Kenya
- Area Manager.
- Protection Officer-Psychosocial Support, Protection Officer-GBV Response & Prevention, WASH Officer-VolRep and Project Officer-SCOPE Registration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Protection, Psychology, Community Health, Laws, Community Development or Social Sciences);
- Master’s degree in the same fields is an added advantage.
- At least 5-years’ experience working in protection, human rights, gender issues with refugees, asylum seekers, migrants and/or other vulnerable populations.
- Previous experience working in sexual and gender-based violence, Cash/food transfer mechanisms and related programs.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages;
- Ability to communicate in the Somali language will be an added advantage.
The Team Leader will be Responsible for:
- Support Protection team members to utilize financial planning tools, such as spending plans, procurement plans, and work plans based on activities and budgets.
- Provide ongoing oversight on the design of training materials for staff & Partners to ensure Protection programming meets best practice standards and prioritizes the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
- Provide ongoing technical support and mentorship for the Project Officers to develop professional and technical competency.
- In collaboration with the Senior Officers, provide technical leadership related to project design and development, planning, implementation, and overall project management of protection related projects.
- Develop technically sound work plans consistent with program goals and objectives in coordination with protection staff & M&E team.
- Develop, design & implement protection related information education materials for use in partnership with PoC and other protection partners.
- Promote a positive profile of the program and good understanding among other sectors, partners and communities about the program.
- Hold regular meetings with staff to plan & address any concerns and share feedback
- Monitor and provide objective feedback related to staff performance, including Objective setting, Probation & Performance evaluations to promote growth and professional development for all protection staff.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master the below DRC’s core competencies:
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you Uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Assistant – Licensing and Approvals|
|Capital Markets Authority (CMA)|
|Global Finance Flex Analyst|
|One Acre Fund||Warehousing and Fulfilment Senior Associate|