System Software and Database Analyst Job 2023 at Nairobi by UNDP Career. UNDP, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified System Software and Database Analyst to join their team.
System Software and Database Analyst Job 2023 at Nairobi by UNDP
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
Vacancy Post Name:
- System Software and Database Analyst
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One) Post
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Last Date to Apply
- 19th March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Applications/Software Development, Information Systems, or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in with 2 years of professional experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant professional experience in the field of information technology and/or database management.
- Demonstrated experience in PHP, MySQL in database and application design/development.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely main software updates and upgrades (currently running on Linux Redhat)
- Liaise with internal and external IT service providers including UNDP IT HQ, UNON IT and others
- Configure and manage the RMU operational databases, respectively MySQL and Maria DB.
- Enhance functionality of all RMU information systems, applications, and databases
- Support replication of CIMS to other countries
- Contribute to capacity building and knowledge sharing
- Process Improvement and Innovation
- Maintain up to 98% availability of RMU’s web-based systems, such as CIMS, CIRT and LMS
- Develop customized functionalities and modules on CIMS/CIRT/LMS (currently using PHP as may be assigned)
- Contribute to the capacity building of the RMU systems agency focal points.
- Support other RMU colleagues to enhance and build capacity of the UN partners on risk management related subjects.
- LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Regional Program Director|
|Financial Literacy Trainers|
|Equity Bank||Quality and Patient Safety Coordinator|