Senior Technical Advisor Job 2023 at Nairobi by IRC Career. IRC, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Senior Technical Advisor to join their team.
Senior Technical Advisor Job 2023 at Nairobi by IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in about 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. It focuses mainly on health, education, economic wellbeing, power, and safety.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Senior Technical Advisor
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 20th March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Senior Director
- Emergency Response.
- USD 116,000.00 – 125,000.00 Salary
- Master’s degree, in a related field such as international/humanitarian programming/public health/ social work or equivalent experience preferable. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- 8-10 years of experience in both education program implementation in low resource settings and at least 5 years in emergency (conflict, disaster/crisis and outbreak) settings. Field experience in education strategy development, program design and implementation, working across sectors or disciplines, and in coordination/team leadership roles. Field experience in leading strategy and implementation for conflict and/or outbreak preparedness & response. Proven skills in development of operational guidelines and tools, delivery of training/on-the-job mentorship, and in program monitoring and evaluation. Proven experience in representation, advocacy, communications, and resource mobilization.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French, Arabic and/or Spanish desirable.
- Lead the development, review and submission of strategic proposals and concept notes around IRC’s innovative programming related to education in emergencies and in coordination with the Education Technical Unit as appropriate.
- Ensure program quality, accountability and consistency in emergency & outbreak response programming by providing remote technical support for country program led responses and IER/EER/ERT during deployments. For country program led responses, coordinate with existing TAs to ensure consistency, complementarity and continuity.
- Directly supervise ERT/ EER coordinators, providing ongoing mentoring and technical strengthening both during deployments and when not deployed for ERT.Support the IRC Emergency and Humanitarian Action Unit to resource and provide capacity strengthening for members of IRC Country Programs/Regional emergency response capacity.
- Provide remote technical support to country programs/regions for preparedness/readiness/contingency planning, and as needed, deploy for strategic support, including on-site mentoring and technical assistance and coordinate with relevant Technical Advisors as appropriate.
- Support the measurement of impact and quality of IRC emergency and outbreak responses.
- Generate research, learning and evidence of operational models and approaches that are effective in acute emergencies within and across specific sectors.
- Extremely organized, with excellent skills in prioritization and multi-tasking. Proven project management experience.
- Outstanding capacity to understand country and emergency contexts
- Demonstrated success in working with donors, partners, and media, at global and field level
- Demonstrated abilities to build consensus among and facilitate decision making across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to facilitate effective collaboration, communication and team work
- Ability to work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams and proven ability to develop positive relationships with global, local and remote team members.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Company Name||Post Name|
|Co-operative Bank||ICT Risk Officer|
|WFP||Business Support Assistant|
|WFP||Security Information Analyst|