Senior Supply Chain Officer Job 2023 at Arua by IRC Career. IRC, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Senior Supply Chain Officer to join their team.
Senior Supply Chain Officer Job 2023 at Arua by IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in about 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. It focuses mainly on health, education, economic wellbeing, power, and safety.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Senior Supply Chain Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 24th March 2023
- Arua, Uganda
- Supply chain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management.
- Minimum 5years of progressive Supply Chain professional experience or equivalent education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an effective orientation package and ensures that new staff members are appropriately orientated on Supply Chain policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Supply Chain department maintains cooperative relations with other departments and interacts with them in a positive manner.
- Identify training needs for Supply Chain staff and make recommendations to the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC staff to understand and utilize Supply chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Ensure that Supply Chain functions are in compliance with IRC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws. All locations and staff act in accordance with the policies.
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain Field (procurement, asset etc.)
- Update as required the IRC standards in terms of assets/equipment to be purchased.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants department on time.
- Identify staffing and/or skills gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all.
- Set clear performance objectives for staff you supervise and ensure that they are understood.
- Conduct interim performance reviews every six months and hold one to one feedback discussions with staff that you supervise on a regular basis to ensure that performance objectives are being met.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent training and coaching ability.
- Ability to work in remote field offices.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
Advertisement details and Apply Now
View More Jobs:
|FHI 360||HR Manager|