Senior Protection Officer Job 2023 at Mbarara by UNHCR Career. UNHCR, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Senior Protection Officer to join their team.
Senior Protection Officer Job 2023 at Mbarara by UNHCR
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a United Nations agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries. UNHCR was created in 1950 to address the refugee crisis that resulted from World War II. The 1951 Refugee Convention established the scope and legal framework of the agency’s work, which initially focused on Europeans uprooted by the war. Beginning in the late 1950s, displacement caused by other conflicts, from the Hungarian Uprising to the decolonization of Africa and Asia, broadened the scope of UNHCR’s operations.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Senior Protection Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Last Date to Apply
- 16th March 2023
- Mbarara, Uganda
- Under Graduate degree in relevant field. Or;
- Graduate Degree in relevant field. Or;
- Doctorate Degree in relevant field.
- 07 – 09 years of relevant experience.
- Promote relevant International, Regional and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct and ensure that all sectors and /or in clusters in applicable operations fulfil their responsibilities in mainstreaming protection.
- Promote the implementation of the AGD policy, including UNHCR¿s updated commitments to women and girls, and design, deliver and monitor programmes on an AGD basis to address identified protection needs.
- Provide technical guidance and support to UNHCR and partners on all protection related issues.
- Stay abreast of legal, political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Develop and implement an education plan as part of the protection strategy within the AoR as relevant.
- Develop and implement a child protection plan as part of the protection strategy within the AoR, ensuring programmes use a child protection systems approach.
- Monitor and intervene in cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents through working relations with governments and other partners.
- Work to safeguard the rights of persons of concerns in the context of mixed movements as relevant.
- Coordinate the preparation of, implement and oversee Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Coordinate capacity-development initiatives for communities and individuals to assert their rights.
- Advise and capacitate national authorities, relevant institutions and civil society to strengthen legislation and status determination procedures and mechanisms.
- PR-Refugee Coordination Model
- PR-Human Rights Doctrine/Standards
- PR-International Humanitarian Law
- PR-Assessment of IDPs Status, Rights, Obligation
- PR-Comprehensive Solutions Framework
- LE-Judicial Engagement
- PR-Climate change and disaster related displacement.
Advertisement details and Apply Now
View More Jobs:
|Operational Risk Officer|
|Head of Compliance|
|Fundi Bots||Teaching Associate|