Senior Procurement Specialist Job 2023 at Kampala by World Bank Career. World Bank, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Senior Procurement Specialist to join their team.
Senior Procurement Specialist Job 2023 at Kampala by World Bank
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Senior Procurement Specialist
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- World Bank
Last Date to Apply
- 15th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. business administration, engineering, commerce, law, procurement, etc.).
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in carrying out technical duties in public procurement or Donor/MDB financed project procurement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the Bank’s efforts in promoting procurement reform dialogue, working in close collaboration with Governance sector colleagues and in professionalizing the function of procurement. Makes significant contributions to the development of client country procurement systems, including supporting the assessment of systems, creating country capacity, influencing the design, reform and strengthening of institutional capacity within borrower entities and monitoring the reform initiatives in client countries
- Handles procurement cases subject to Practice Manager and Operations Policy Review Committee (OPRC) reviews and verifies that they are properly prepared and presented for clearance.
- Ensures the use of electronic tools, e.g., Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) to track exchanges with the clients and performance of key fiduciary metrics covering the operations portfolio, as well as the unit’s own work program deliverables.
- Provides technical fiduciary services on procurement activities and engage in policy dialogue to strengthen procurement systems in client countries.
- Supports clients in achieving value for money (VFM) in public procurement in order to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity.
- Understands relevant procurement markets using analytical tools and approaches to define more effective procurement strategies.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online