Senior Manager Operations Job 2023 at Kampala by IRC Career. IRC, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Senior Manager Operations to join their team.
Senior Manager Operations Job 2023 at Kampala by IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in about 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. It focuses mainly on health, education, economic wellbeing, power, and safety.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Senior Manager Operations – Play Matters
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 15th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Senior Project Coordinator
- A University degree from an accredited University in a relevant technical or management field or subject area.
- A Minimum 5 years of working experience with strong background in Supply Chain, Logistics, Administration.
- Experience in the education sector or educational programming is an advantage.
- Work experience in humanitarian context/refugee settlements and with an International NGO highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the project staff to identify prepare, review and report on operational needs assessment, implementation plans, and resources
- Lead and conduct high-quality, regular, and documented meetings with operational project teams for technical guidance, joint planning, performance review, progress reporting, shared learning and problem solving
- Actively participate and contribute to Project Management Committee /team meetings.
- Regularly visit all PlayMatters field sites to monitor and support compliance to set operational protocols and plans.
- Provide routine monitoring and reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) of all operations and project administrative systems.
- Ensure that project asset files are created, maintained, and updated with all relevant documentation, according to relevant checklist.
- Ensure provision of day-to-day advice to the project teams around interpretation and implementation of relevant administrative policies and procedures.
- Support project staff to understand and comply with relevant security and safety procedures
- Coordinate staff participation in safeguarding trainings, access to information and policy
- Escalate to Sr. Project Coordinator general advice on security policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical, systematic-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with good organization, planning skills, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
- Proven abilities and experience in teamwork, capacity strengthening.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Please note, the deadline for submitting your application is March 15th, 2023.
Advertisement details and Apply Now