Security Information Analyst Job 2023 at Nairobi by WFP Career. WFP, an international NGO Operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Security Information Analyst to join their team.
Security Information Analyst Job 2023 at Nairobi by WFP
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Security Information Analyst
Number of Vacant Post:
- 01 (One) Post
- World Food Programme (WFP)
Last Date to Apply
- 22nd March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract:
- Service Contract.
- Advanced university degree preferably in Political or Social science, Military Science, Security Management, International Relations, History.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in political or security analysis with an academic, military, police, intelligence, humanitarian, peacekeeping, diplomatic, corporate security management or other related organization is required.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) is desirable.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Security Analyst, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepare and update country-specific overviews to facilitate development of corporate products (ie. country strategic plans), security risk management products (ie. Ad-hoc SRMs), or training programs (ie. WSAT)
- Provides inputs for topical analysis and other analytical reports/updates pertaining to cross-cutting issues affecting WFP operations in Eastern Africa.
- Contribute to and/or prepare briefings as required on security developments, threats and risks in specific areas of relevance to WFP operations.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of security information knowledge management databases and tools.
- Address security information requirements by applying agreed approaches and methodologies in security information analysis consistent with WFP and wider UN security information management policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct research on security threats and risks in countries of WFP operations in Eastern Africa.
- Monitor security incidents, situation reports, media and other sources to support security information analysis.
- Evaluate acquired information ensuring relevance, reliability and accuracy that contributes to comprehensive security information analysis.
Desired Experience for Entry into This Role:
- Digital literacy, particularly experience with GIS, data visualization tools, knowledgement /information management practices
- Understanding of OSINT concepts practices
- Knowledge and understanding of methodologies for information collection, collation and analysis.
- Excellent critical thinking and English writing skills.
- Proven ability to conduct research projects and perform academic or similar studies.
- Proven ability to produce analytical reports on security and political issues, preferably in the international perspective.
- Proven ability to communicate complex concept orally and in writing
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Q-Sourcing Servtec||Production Manager|
|Q-Sourcing Servtec||Inventory Governance|
|Q-Sourcing Servtec||Reconciliation Clerk|
|Rafiki Microfinance Bank||Project Manager|
|Sightsavers||Monitoring Evaluations and Learning Officer|