Scientist Job 2023 at Kampala by IRRI Career. IRRI, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Scientist to join their team.
Scientist Job 2023 at Kampala by IRRI
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is an international agricultural research and training organization with its headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna, in the Philippines, and offices in seventeen countries. IRRI is known for its work in developing rice varieties that contributed to the Green Revolution in the 1960s which preempted the famine in Asia. The institute, established in 1960 aims to reduce poverty and hunger, improve the health of rice farmers and consumers, and ensure environmental sustainability of rice farming. It advances its mission through collaborative research, partnerships, and the strengthening of the national agricultural research and extension systems of the countries IRRI works in.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Scientist I – Gender and Social Research
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)
Last Date to Apply
- 06th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- A Master’s degree in Gender Studies. Sociology, anthropology, Agricultural Economics, or other related fields and 6 years of relevant work experience in research design, implementation, data analysis, and interpretation.
- A Ph.D. degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, anthropology, Agricultural Economics, or other related fields will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in fieldwork, data analysis, interpretation, and report writing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with required IRRI services and supplies to ensure smooth implementation of surveys.
- Evaluate, validate, and contribute to the interpretation of results and contribute to the writing of manuscripts for reports/publications as well as presentations/posters for national and international conferences.
- Prepare and submit updated research outputs to the Scientists in a timely manner.
- Supervise and lead the maintenance of accurate data recording and update database for efficient storage and retrieval of information.
- Administer effective coordination and preparations of training by ensuring that the training materials, logistical arrangements, and resource persons are appropriate to the defined objectives.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Lead mixed methods research design and implementation of inclusive seed systems.
- Design and develop survey instruments for data collection for strategic and applied gender and socio-economic analysis.
- Conduct literature reviews and write reports.
- Facilitate the planning, designing, and implementation of qualitative and quantitative surveys and other activities related to Gender and Social Research on seed systems.
- Perform data analysis using the most appropriate and advanced statistical tools to support gender research studies.
- Experience in Research Management
- Good presentation skills
- Proven technical proficiency in designing social science research protocols/tools and
- conducting qualitative and quantitative surveys.
- Understanding of gender in agriculture concepts, research methods, and tools including
- gender transformative approaches
- Understanding of mixed-methods research and participatory research approaches.