Save the Children IGAD Liaison Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the Save the Children is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the IGAD Liaison Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with Save the Children.
Save the Children IGAD Liaison Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 12, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 21, 2022.
|Save the Children EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||Save the Children|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 21, 2022|
|Position||IGAD Liaison Officer|
Save the Children IGAD Liaison Officer Jobs 2022
The Save the Children seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- University degree qualification in political science, international relations, international economic, law, public administration or other related.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in political affairs, international relations, humanitarian affairs, conflict resolution or related fields;
- Demonstrable experience working with Child Rights organizations, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), international or inter-governmental body will be an added advantage;
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, developing clear strategic vision, and ensuring buy in from stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong ability to inspire participation and building productive, collegial relationships;
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding and other relevant policies.
Key Areas Of Accountability:
- Maintain and enhance liaison between IGAD and SC and create open communication channels on matters pertaining to protection and service access for children and any other regional integration matters ensuring that we build support for SC work in areas of mutual interest.
- Respond in a timely fashion to queries from the IGAD Secretariat and SC on issues related to the policies, program implementation, financial and other resource management and program performance against mutual development objectives as defined under the MOU.
- Advance the strategic IGAD-SC partnership by ensuring incorporated programs respond to strategic objectives and priorities of the IGAD and SC and yield the desired results for both the SC and IGAD.
- Provide direct support to relevant IGAD Institutions, Directorates, and Departments for the successful planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of joint SC-IGAD programs.
- Submit quarterly financial and technical progress reports as requested on IGAD-SC activities and accomplishments, in order to assist with monitoring and evaluation and informed decision making by the decision makers
- Fosters effective working relations with the IGAD colleagues and counterparts, Government representatives, Member states and on information-sharing, policy and coordination matters for children on the move.
- Serve as the chief POC for the scheduling and coordination of meetings as requested between the IGAD Secretariat and SC as well as support communications, events and related activities to enhance the visibility of program objectives and achievements under the strategic partnership including the preparation, editing and coordination of documentation for such meetings.
- Contribute to regional policy dialogue with other RECs, advocacy and the exchange of good practices for promoting child protection and assistance within IGAD and between IGAD and other destination regions through expert meetings and preparation of policy briefs.
- Attend meetings to provide the IGAD Secretariat and SC with up-to-date information on matters of interest and identify common positions and joint actions on issues of common interest and inform IGAD Secretariat and SC of potential alliances through which to re-enforce its position.
- Produce timely reports on agreed on actions between SCI and IGAD
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=77457 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 21, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||kenya.savethechildren.net|