Save the Children Household Economic Strengthening Advisor Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the Save the Children is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Household Economic Strengthening Advisor position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with Save the Children.
Save the Children Household Economic Strengthening Advisor Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 04, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 15, 2022.
|Save the Children EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||Save the Children|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 04, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 15, 2022|
|Position||Household Economic Strengthening Advisor|
Save the Children Household Economic Strengthening Advisor Jobs 2022
The Save the Children seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required. Knowledge of the local language and context will be a distinct advantage.
- Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Social Sciences, Community Development or other discipline relevant to rural livelihoods.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience designing and implementing livelihoods programmes.
- Excellent understanding of Household Economy Approach (HEA).
- Excellent technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of livelihoods, crop and livestock production as well as other cross cutting issues.
- Understanding and experience in implementing nutrition security food security and livelihoods programmes.
- Excellent understanding of system approach to ending persistent acute malnutrition.
- Clear understanding of and proactive approach to nutrition resilience, hunger and food security issues in Kenya, particularly in the context of Turkana county.
- Understanding and experience in child rights programming.
- Proven representation and advocacy skills.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of county staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
- Experience with livelihoods programming in arid and semi-arid land (ASAL) settings preferred.
- Experience writing donor reports especially USAID.
- Strong writing skills, including experience in writing, capacity statements and position papers.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Experience solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required. Knowledge of the local language and context will be a distinct advantage.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
- Under the general guidance and direction of the Senior Household Economic Strengthening Technical Advisor, the Household Economic Strengthening advisor will provide technical implementation and support of all livelihoods or household economic strengthening work at the field level. S/he will develop, lead, provide inputs for research and learning, monitor and evaluate the livelihoods aspects of the USAID Nawiri project. S/he will coordinate and network with USAID Nawiri consortium partners led by Mercy Corps, County departments are responsible for agriculture, livestock, nutrition, trade and other NGOs. S/he will lead on all household economic strengthening elements of the project and reports, providing capacity building for the county staff.
How to Apply?
- Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
- Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||kenya.savethechildren.net|