Save The Children Consultant Humanitarian and Education Advocacy Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the Save The Children is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Consultant Humanitarian and Education Advocacy position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with Save The Children.
Save The Children Consultant Humanitarian and Education Advocacy Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 11 May 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 16 May 2022.
|Save The Children EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||Save The Children|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||11 May 2022|
|Closing Date||16 May 2022|
|Position||Consultant Humanitarian and Education Advocacy|
Save The Children Consultant Humanitarian and Education Advocacy Jobs 2022
The Save The Children seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Education to degree level.
- Experience: Experience of creating networks of influence
- Language: Ability to work in English and French essential. Other official AU languages would be an advantage.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: 3 month consultancy
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Education to degree level – an academic background in a directly relevant field s desirable.
- Proven record of advocacy success and ability to develop and implement strategy, preferably at the regional level in Africa.
- A background in influencing African national governments and engaging civil society partners in the region
- Experience of creating networks of influence, and an ability to manage diverse professional relationships, thereby securing significant new opportunities for the organisation
- Proven ability to speak and communicate effectively, and to tailor messages to different audiences
- Experience of successfully operating in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Demonstrated understanding of development and humanitarian issues, including in education.
- Knowledge and understanding of the AU, and its role in development, human rights and humanitarian issues.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s values.
- Experience of, and willingness to travel widely, often at short notice and in conflict- and crisis-affected settings
- Ability to work in English and French essential. Other official AU languages would be an advantage.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Advocate for change with key AU policy makers and decision makers on humanitarian, peace and security and education agendas (and on the interface between these issues)
- Build and maintain advocacy networks with influential allies, within the AU and among civil society, recognising that we cannot achieve the change we want by ourselves
- Deliver ambitious plans to engage and influence the AU on humanitarian and education agendas, in line with agreed organisational objectives, and provide strategic insight to help shape wider Save the Children advocacy efforts in these areas
- Build profile and credibility for Save the Children, by being a convincing spokesperson for the organisation, a source of knowledge and analysis, and through personal commitment to our values and mission
- Be a strong member of the Addis team, actively participating in building a strong global advocacy office that is networked within the wider organisation and has strong links to Africa Country Offices, the other advocacy offices and members
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply/details… to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 16 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||ethiopia.savethechildren.net|