Safeguarding Specialist Job 2023 at Lilongwe by Abt Associates Career. Abt Associates, an international NGO operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified Safeguarding Specialist to join their team.
Safeguarding Specialist Job 2023 at Lilongwe by Abt Associates
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Gender Equality & Social Inclusion (GESI) and Safeguarding Specialist.
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Abt Associates
Last Date to Apply
- 20th March 2023
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- PhD in relevant field.
- At least 05 to 03 years of relevant experience is required.
- In collaboration with the Global Support Team Safeguarding Specialist, develop a Safeguarding Action Plan with clear guidance and approaches for creating respectful work environments, protecting individuals from discrimination, and mechanisms for reporting any incidents.
- Collaborate with country teams to engage partners and host governments on GESI and safeguarding, ensuring that equity and inclusion are modeled throughout the project.
- Lead sensitization of project staff, seasonal workers, partners, and community members on reporting and referral mechanisms whenever there are concerns of a possible violation of the safeguarding policies.
- In collaboration with Global Support Team staff, develop or adapt GESI and safeguarding trainings; lead GESI and safeguarding trainings for project staff and partners.
- Operationalize the Safeguarding Action Plan including raising awareness and building the capacity of the project staff, seasonal workers, and partners about Abt’s policies and protocols for protecting project staff, subcontractors, partners, and community members from harm.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work with a variety of audiences such as community members and government stakeholders.
- A personal and professional commitment to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches.
- A personal and professional commitment to confronting misogyny, racism, homophobia, and other systems of oppression and willingness to holding oneself accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs
|Abt Associates||Entomology Field Coordinator|
|Abt Associates||IEC Officer|
|CRS||Head of Programming|