Rwanda Livestock Innovations Specialist Job 2023 at Kigali by One Acre Fund Career. One Acre Fund, an international NGO operating in Rwanda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Rwanda Livestock Innovations Specialist to join their team.
Rwanda Livestock Innovations Specialist Job 2023 at Kigali by One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund is a social enterprise that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty. Headquartered in Kakamega, Kenya, the organization works with farmers in rural villages throughout Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Nigeria, Zambia, Ethiopia, and India.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Rwanda Livestock Innovations Specialist
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- One Acre Fund
Last Date to Apply
- 10th May 2023
- 3 years of experience in agricultural value chains.
- Technical knowledge in livestock rearing, handling and/or business.
- Ability to conduct research via multiple sources including third-party outreach with a keen sense for detail.
- Independent experience in project planning and execution.
- Comfortable with third-party engagement
- Experienced team leader, capable of training and developing small teams.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is essential
Research new market access trials
- Desk research: Generate a pipeline of potential initiatives for further exploration, applying existing OAF data and further research.
- Market research: Engage producers, buyers and processors to deep-dive promising initiatives.
- Farmer/crop/buyer mapping: Support in the development and data collection of mapping surveys and exercises.
- Present trials: Utilize business and impact metrics to assess, and subsequently present, promising MA initiatives.
Manage market access trials
- Trial Designs: Development of trial designs including the formulating and documenting of main objectives, scope, budgets, models and timelines with oversight from manager.
- Trial management: Responsible for the oversight of execution of multiple trials, creating high-level deliverables.
- Small team management: Recruit and manage small teams delegating tasks.
Third party engagement
- Negotiations: With support from your manager, negotiate with third-party off-takers, exporters, buyers, traders and aggregators.
- Communications: Maintain and foster good working relationships with partners, suppliers and offtakers.
Scale promising business units
- Trial Evaluations: design trial evaluations, conduct analysis and make recommendations on improvements and next steps.
- Scale planning: strategize and plan for expansion and scale
- Execution support: devise team structures and work with operations lead to aid successful scale up.
- Reporting: Compile final reports for each business and make summaries to communicate with all partners and save information for the future
Advertisement Details and Apply Now
View More Jobs
|Company Jobs||Post Name|
|Mastercard Foundation||Rwanda Impact Consultant|
|Equity Bank||Business Growth and Development Manager|
|Equity Bank||SME Relationship Manager|