Regional Advocacy Coordinator Job 2023 at Nairobi by IRC Career. IRC, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Regional Advocacy Coordinator to join their team.
Regional Advocacy Coordinator Job 2023 at Nairobi by IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in about 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. It focuses mainly on health, education, economic wellbeing, power, and safety.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Regional Advocacy Coordinator
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One) Post
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 20th March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Regional Vice-President
- Advocacy & Government Affairs.
- University Degree in relevant field.
- At least three years of experience in delivering advocacy and policy development work responding to complex humanitarian crises and/or post-conflict environments.
- Must have at least five years of professional experience in humanitarian affairs; protection; refugee affairs; and international human rights.
- Closely monitor policy debates and ensure relevant information is disseminated to advocacy colleagues throughout the IRC
- Act as IRC spokesperson on advocacy issues where appropriate and take part in relevant country and international policy/advocacy fora as guided by key stakeholders
- Support on qualitative research projects within the region to ensure that advocacy themes are shaped by new evidence being generated.
- Assist in developing and implementing regional advocacy strategies and ensure timely revisions as the context evolves
- Ensure that country priorities are integrated into appropriate strategy documents and plans
- Help develop the capacities of country programs on influencing response in complex contexts
- Work closely with policy, advocacy and communications staff in Washington DC, New York, London, and Brussels, sharing the strategy and other information to ensure regional and country program perspectives are reflected in policy development and advocacy approaches on crisis response, food security, forced displacement/refugee inclusion, civilian protection, humanitarian access.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|GBV Programme Coordinator|
|Capital Markets Authority (CMA)||Assistant – Licensing and Approvals|