Project/Grant Accountant Job at Lilongwe by CRS Career. CRS, an international NGO operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified Project/Grant Accountant to join their team.
Project/Grant Accountant Job at Lilongwe by CRS
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States to serve World War II survivors in Europe. Since then, we have expanded in size to reach more than 130 million people in more than 100 countries on five continents. For over 75 years, our mission has been to assist impoverished and disadvantaged people overseas, working in the spirit of Catholic social teaching to promote the sacredness of human life and the dignity of the human person. Although our mission is rooted in the Catholic faith, our operations serve people based solely on need, regardless of their race, religion or ethnicity.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Project/Grant Accountant
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Last Date to Apply
- 28th February 2023
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist project/grant staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources.
- Provide information to project/grant staff, subrecipients, and partners on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity building activities.
- Perform assigned treasury project/grant (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties, as long as segregation of duties is ensured.
- Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures for project/grant subrecipients and partners following established standards. Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned project/grant accounts in SunSystems financial accounting package.
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
- Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Assess, evaluate and monitor subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Advertisement Details and Apply Now