Project Finance Officer Job 2023 at Kampala by Cordaid Career. Cordaid, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Project Finance Officer to join their team.
Project Finance Officer Job 2023 at Kampala by Cordaid
Cordaid is an international NGO, that believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for just and sustainable societies where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise, and solidarity across borders. We aim at maximizing our social impact and contributing to systemic change. We operate where natural disasters strike, where conflicts tear up communities and where lack of opportunities and service delivery keep families in extreme poverty.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Project Finance Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
Last Date to Apply
- 20th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Country Director Cordaid Uganda
- Fixed Term contract – 1 year, renewable upon satisfactory performance
- Knowledge of Accounting, Bachelor Level or Equivalent. Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIMA) desirable but not essential.
- Experience in accounting in non-government organisations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial quality of partners’ reports: Guides and advises partners in such a way that they effectively and efficiently run the financial aspects of the project and meet the reporting requirements.
- Compliance knowledge: Supports the Finance Manager to develop, maintain, and deliver training on compliance issues to realise sufficient compliance knowledge, has a positive attitude towards compliance and integrity and improved compliance and integrity behaviour.
- Information audits: Supports the organisation in collecting all necessary information and documentation for (project) audits in time. Prepares the project audits and ensures a high quality for accountability material.
- Project budgets: Develops project budgets in coordination with programme managers for submission to donors. Executes project budgets with respect to donor compliance and the Cordaid internal financial framework. Makes sure that cost recovery is guaranteed and the correct Cordaid tools, data and forms are being used. Supports the cash planning process with the Finance Manager.
- Financial project data and reporting: Keeps the implementation of projects in focus and draws up the financial management reports and results. Shares this information with programme managers and Finance Manager in time and takes appropriate action when financial management does not go according to plan. Provides timely updates to management to allow for proper communication with donors.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Self-motivated, proactive and result driven
- Being a person with high integrity
- Ability to work independently but at the same time being a team player.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Aga Khan Foundation|
|Country Finance Manager|