Programme Specialist Job 2023 at Nairobi by UNICEF Career. UNICEF, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Programme Specialist to join their team.
Programme Specialist Job 2023 at Nairobi by UNICEF
UNICEF originally called the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund in full, now officially United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories. UNICEF’s activities include providing immunizations and disease prevention, administering treatment for children and mothers with HIV, enhancing childhood and maternal nutrition, improving sanitation, promoting education, and providing emergency relief in response to disasters.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Programme Specialist
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One) Post
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Last Date to Apply
- 22nd March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in programme planning, management and working on issues of childhood disability.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- UNICEF DIPAS roll out and implementation: manage and lead the implementation of DIPAS in ESAR by developing regional strategy and action plan Technical guidance on inclusive programming: Provide expert advice in ESARO to improve the disability inclusive programming in the region, integrating the rights of children with disabilities into programme and policy advocacy and formulation in all UNICEF Strategic Plan’s outcome areas, including in emergency contexts.
- Cross sectoral partnerships in support of children with disabilities: Liaise with disability related CSOs, donors, UN agencies and other strategic partner organizations to enhance coordination on inclusive programming at the country, sub-regional and regional level.
- Disability data and research on the situation of children with disabilities in UNICEF supported programming: Work closely with ESARO data specialists in Programme Planning and Monitoring Section, HQ Data and Analytics section, and HQ Disability Section to strengthen the understanding, generation and utilization of data and analysis around children with disabilities.
- Capacity building: Identify and/or develop training opportunities to support increased knowledge and understanding on inclusive programming with an emphasis on children with disabilities at the regional and country level.
- Strong technical experience of national, regional and global level work on disability issues, of programme planning and implementation, and of guiding monitoring and evaluation efforts in a development agency context is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Regional Audit Manager|
|Quality and Patient Safety Coordinator|
|Equity Bank||Head of Risk|