Programme Associate Job 2023 at Nairobi by UNDP Career. UNDP, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Programme Associate to join their team.
Programme Associate Job 2023 at Nairobi by UNDP
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Programme Associate
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Last Date to Apply
- 09th March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Service Contract Holders.
- Completed secondary level education with a minimum six years (6 years) relevant experience required or First level university degree in the field of social studies, Youth development, international relationships, public health, Economics, or related field with three years of relevant experience.
- Recognized training and/or certification in Business Administration, Logistics, Travel or any other related fields is an asset.
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working in the field of administration, programme/project support service, finance and/or other related fields;
- Experience of working in similar positions with international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage.
You would be Responsible for:
- You will supervise logistical arrangements for visiting missions, ensure briefing kits are compiled, liaise with Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO) and ensure security clearances and visas are obtained for all staff and consultants traveling to the field.
- You will provide other related administrative duties as required. You will facilitate the booking of all flights both local and international following
- the UNFPA Travel Policy guidelines.
- You will support the implementation of EU-funded Youth project activities in the field and ensure that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- You will support youth programme manager, youth specialist, field personnel, regional counterparts in routine implementation and smooth operational running of all activities, especially in management of the on-line platform Atlas / global programming system (GPS), work plans, FACE forms reviews and regular follow up and engagement of national counterparts in those activities.
- You will draft routine correspondence. You will maintain files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other
- related documentation. You will maintain up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic).
- You will monitor and maintain project operational files, rules, regulations, administrative correspondence, financial reports, assets and all project documents (both paper and electronic).
- You will work closely with operation teams to support regular spot checks on youth partners in the field and provide routine supportive supervision.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and results for the client and responds positively to feedback, timely responses queries;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Capability to engage in team-based dialogue.
Advertisement details and Apply Now