Procurement Associate Job 2023 at Kigali by WFP Career. WFP, an international NGO operating in Rwanda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Procurement Associate to join their team.
Procurement Associate Job 2023 at Kigali by WFP
The World Food Programme is an international organization within the United Nations that provides food assistance worldwide. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and the leading provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, WFP is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Procurement Associate G6
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- World Food Programme (WFP)
Last Date to Apply
- 21st March 2023
- 12 months (renewable)
- A Higher National Diploma or university degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Economics, or related fields. A master’s degree and experience in the above fields is an added advantage Completion of secondary school education.
- At least six years of professional experience relevant to Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a related field.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests and support requisitioners to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services at the lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders alongside a senior officer to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts, and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties, and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
- Research, collect and analyze data to produce reports to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts to support aligning procurement activities with broader programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance to ensure individual, and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform any other duties as provided from time to time.
Advertisement Details and Apply Now
View More Jobs
|Company Jobs||Post Name|
|Mastercard Foundation||Rwanda Impact Consultant|
|Equity Bank||Business Growth and Development Manager|
|Equity Bank||SME Relationship Manager|
|Rwanda Management Institute||Senior Quality Assurance Officer|