OXFAM Media and Communication Coordinator Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the OXFAM is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Media and Communication Coordinator position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with OXFAM.
OXFAM Media and Communication Coordinator Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 30, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 13, 2022.
|OXFAM EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||Oxfam International (OXFAM)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 13, 2022|
|Position||Media and Communication Coordinator|
OXFAM Media and Communication Coordinator Jobs 2022
Oxfam International (OXFAM) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: N/A.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to Oxfam’s values, mission and work including the feminist approach to humanitarian responses and Oxfam’s partnership principles
- Strong knowledge of global humanitarian and conflict issues, particularly those related to food crisis, displacement, refugee law, and impacts on women and girls.
- Substantial and proven experience in Media and Communications work for humanitarian or human rights
- Media management experience in the NGO/non-profit space. Specific experience in humanitarian setting will be an advantage
- Experience in web and multimedia; graphic design, photo and basic video editing , creating infographics etc.
- Experience with applying brand standards and maintaining brand consistency across a wide range of presentations and materials.
- Excellent communications and facilitation skills, with strong understanding of leadership in complex group dynamics.
- Demonstrable organisational and project management skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of, commitment to and experience of embedding and continuously learning to embed a decolonial, anti-racist, intersectional feminist and partner led approach in your work.
- Lobbying and political skills: persuasive, diplomatic and articulate
- Experience in advocacy, research, policy, lobbying, media work and public campaigning, including the ability to act as a spokesperson when necessary
- As a member of the East Africa Hunger Crisis response team, in collaboration with country teams in the region, partners and allies, and the confederation, the Media and Communication Coordinator will support the development, production, and management of media and communications work related to the ongoing regional Priority (CAT1) hunger crisis response. He/she must be a creative sharp writer and visual communicator with great news judgment and a flair for storytelling. And must have tactical and practical understanding of media production, delivery, and social media management and engagement. He/she must also have a track record of developing informative and engaging content on humanitarian and development topics. He/she ensures content aligns with the humanitarian mandate. He/she must be vigilant about editorial and journalistic standards, attentive to protection concerns and political sensitivities, and focused on communicating successfully to our audience demographics.
- Working with the technical support of the Regional Media and Communications Advisor, the Media Coordinator will contribute to the development of (social) media plans for the CAT1 emergency and humanitarian work and take the lead in their implementation. He/she or will support reporting, analytics, internal communication and advice to increase visibility, awareness, understanding and support for Oxfam’s humanitarian and development mandate. The Media Officer will also be responsible for supporting this Crisis Response internal communication and information flow in close collaboration with colleagues from the regional platform and country teams of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, and South Sudan. This includes data analysis and preparing of reports and information to internal and external stakeholders based on analysis of their information needs.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://recruitment.oxfam.org/VacancyDetails.aspx?FromSearch=True&MenuID=6Dqy3cKIDOg=&VacancyID=722 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 13, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.oxfam.org|