Operational Risk Officer Job 2023 at Kampala by I&M Bank Career. I&M Bank, is a commercial Bank in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Operational Risk Officer to join their team.
Operational Risk Officer Job 2023 at Kampala by I&M Bank
I&M Bank Uganda, formerly Orient Bank, whose complete name is I&M Bank (Uganda) Limited, is a commercial bank in Uganda which is licensed by the Bank of Uganda (BOU), the central bank and national banking regulator. The bank’s headquarters and main branch are located at Plot 6/6A Kampala Road, in the central business district of Kampala, Uganda’s capital and largest city. The bank is involved in all aspects of commercial banking, with emphasis on providing banking services to non-government organisations and their staffs. As of December 2019, the bank’s total assets were valued at USh 814.3 billion (US$221.58 million), with shareholders’ equity of USh 114.1 billion (approximately US$31.05 million).
Vacancy Post Name:
- Operational Risk Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- I&M Bank
Last Date to Apply
- 22nd March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Manager – Operational Risk & Assurance
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (B. Com, BBA, BSc, BA, B.STAT, BA ECON.)
- A professional qualification e.g., ACCA, CFA, ACIB, CPA are an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience.
- Promote a no surprise environment by performing snap checks on branch cash, targeted controls, etc.
- Train staff adequately annually in Operational Risk Management/ ORMF/ BCM/ FRM/Incident Management policies and procedures and have access to tools and techniques to discharge their duties effectively.
- Ensure that controls and checks associated with Risk control self-assessments (RCSAs) deployment are in place and are effective and are reviewed annually.
- To support senior management to effectively deploy Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) Business Continuity Management Framework, Fraud Risk Management Framework, and Incident Management Framework within the Bank.
- Perform Operational risk stress testing that will help to maintain a forward-looking risk profile of the Bank that captures the major risks, ensuring that risks that might impact multiple businesses and/or support functions are captured, and actions initiated to mitigate and control risks leading to a reduction in operational losses within the Bank’s risk appetite.
- Independently assess’ risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
Key Required Competencies:
- In-depth industry and product knowledge
- High level of IT proficiency particularly knowledge of data analysis tools.
- A good understanding of operations risk management function
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s culture, Policies and procedures
- Innate knowledge of branch operations.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|HR Business Partner|
|Rollout Support Staff|