NRC WASH Officer Civil Engineer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the NRC is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the WASH Officer Civil Engineer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with NRC.
NRC WASH Officer Civil Engineer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 12, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 20, 2022.
|NRC EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 20, 2022|
|Position||WASH Officer Civil Engineer|
NRC WASH Officer Civil Engineer Jobs 2022
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Good knowledge of English language.
- Duty Station: Kakuma.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a recognized university or a Higher National Diploma from recognized national Polytechnic with at least 4 years of proven work experience preferably in hard to work areas
- In-depth skills and knowledge in all aspects of engineering
- Understanding of Water pipeline designs and knowledge of ArcGis; Epanet, Autocad Civil 3D, Civil-CAD and water modelling software
- Understanding of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion interventions
- Knowledge of SPHERE, WHO, and national quality standards.
- Be a registered graduate engineer with EBK.
- Minimum of 2 years’ of relevant experience, at least 1 years in Humanitarian or working as construction officer, site supervisor/engineer, WASH Officer – construction or engineering or relevant position and experience
- Good experience in working with local/national authorities including Ministries, Water service providers etc.
- Highly-developed computers skills, with strong familiarity with MS Office, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, and infrastructure design software.
- Experience from working in water supply projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Good knowledge of English language
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
Project Technical Support
- Ensuring the training of national staff and community committees in technical areas including water quality testing and/or building and maintaining quality water point structures;
- Ensure that the project(s) activities under responsibility meet their intended scope, time and budget as per the project’s work plan as designed by the Programme Manager and inform of any delay or workaround required for timely completion of activities.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Participation and collaboration with the community leaders to sensitize and mobilize the communities and signing of MOUs and other agreements where necessary
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and CAD drawing tools.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications for key project components.
- Supervise project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards, and ensure the costs of implementation remain within the budget.
- Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish control points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labour to determine project feasibility.
- Prepare or present public reports, such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, and property and right-of-way descriptions.
- Conduct soils and construction material tests to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Extend all possible technical support to other team members and contractors when and where required
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/requisitions/job/5734 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 20, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.nrc.no|