Molecular Technologist Job 2023 at Lilongwe by CenRID Career. CenRID, an international NGO operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified Molecular Technologist to join their team.
Molecular Technologist Job 2023 at Lilongwe by CenRID
The Center for Research & International Development (CenRID) is a global non-profit organization based in New York, NY that focuses on development research and project implementation. Our purpose is to implement evidence-based interventions and conduct high-quality research aimed at discovering new knowledge to improve the education and healthcare delivery and access for vulnerable populations.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Molecular Technologist I & II
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Center for Research & International Development (CenRID)
Last Date to Apply
- 20th March 2023
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Biomedical Laboratory Technology, Medical Laboratory Services, Microbiology, or a related field.
- At least two (2) years of molecular diagnostic experience is required.
- At least Five (5) years of molecular diagnostic experience is required.
Duties and Skills:
- Perform nucleic acid extraction (DNA and/or RNA), purification, and quantification, prepare wet/dry Master Mix for PCR reactions, and analysis of run curves.
- Perform complex molecular diagnostic techniques and demonstrate competency with single and multi-channel pipetting and PCR analysis.
- Use /operate bio-safety cabinets, incubators, centrifuges, thermal cyclers, vortexers, analyzers, and other supporting laboratory equipment.
- Prepare, process, and analyze samples according to established SOPs.
- Assist in maintaining accreditation standards, and monitor and report scientific progress to ensure that appropriate Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) procedures are followed.
- Coach Molecular Technologist I and new employees in laboratory procedures.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory testing equipment, including IQ, PQ, and OQ Validations.
- Perform data entry, analysis, and reports, and oversee and manage project databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume/cv and a cover letter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 pm on March 20th 2023, Malawi time with “Name_Desired Position” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.