Logistics Assistant Job 2023 at Arua by Malteser International Career. Malteser International, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Logistics Assistant to join their team.
Logistics Assistant Job 2023 at Arua by Malteser International
Malteser International is an international non-governmental aid agency for humanitarian aid of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. Developed in 2005 from the foreign aid service of Malteser Germany (founded 1953), and having the status of an independent eingetragener Verein since 2013, the agency has more than 50 years of experience in humanitarian relief. It currently implements around 100 projects in some 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and the Americas.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Logistics Assistant
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Malteser International
Last Date to Apply
- 23rd March 2023
- Arua, Uganda
- Degree in procurement or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position with a good understanding of INGO procedures.
- Providing timely, accurate stock and inventory reports including equipment tracking reports for management information and donor reporting purposes.
- Ensuring that MI assets are received, coded and registered in the assets register and that disposal of MI assets is done in consultation with the Logistics Officer in accordance with existing policies and specific donor rules.
- Ensuring that daily and weekly vehicle inspections are performed and that regular servicing is carried out
- Under the guidance of the Logistics Officer, assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports on vehicle performance i.e. mileage traveled and individual and total costs incurred for each vehicle.
- Supporting the procurement of items in consultation with the Logistics Officer and managing office supplies such as stationery, cleaning material and catering supplies
- Generating and updating the list of preferred suppliers, ordering and preparing contracts as well as procuring items from local suppliers or elsewhere as appropriate
- Maintaining clear, well-documented files and well-organized archives on operations: requisition orders, release orders, stock/bin cards, stock reports and physical inventory.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs: