Laboratory Technologist Job 2023 at Tororo by IDRC Career. IDRC, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Laboratory Technologist to join their team.
Laboratory Technologist Job 2023 at Tororo by IDRC
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Laboratory Technologist
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 13th March 2023
- Tororo and Kalongo, Uganda
- Bsc degree in Biomedical Lab technology, Public Health or Biochemistry.
- Prior diploma in Lab technology is an added advantage.
- Prior training or working experience of at least one year in malaria parasite collections, Isolation, culturing and sensitivity assays is an added advantage.
- Recruit patients into the study using Good Clinical and Laboratory guidelines as described in the study protocols
- Collect and prepare field samples according to standard guidelines for transportation from the study site to research laboratory facilities.
- Keep all records of laboratory activities and inventory of all laboratory equipment and supplies
- Performing laboratory quality assurance for all laboratory procedures.
- Identify potential study participants and screen them for consenting and recruitment into the study
- Perform malaria parasite culturing and assay experiments
- Perform molecular and genetic experiments
- Perform Malaria microscopy and record results according to the standard Laboratory techniques as laid down by the W.H.O guidelines.
- Must be registered with Allied Health Professionals’ Council.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal.
- Reputable computer skills in Ms Packages.
Advertisement details and Apply Now
View More Jobs:
|Refugee Impact Advisory Coordinator|
|Country Project Coordinator|
|Aga Khan Foundation|