IT Officer Job 2023 at Arua by WFP Career. WFP, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified IT Officer to join their team.
IT Officer Job 2023 at Arua by WFP
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters.
Vacancy Post Name:
- IT Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- World Food Programme (WFP)
Last Date to Apply
- 17th March 2023
- Arua, Uganda
- An advanced university degree in Computer Science, IT, Statistics, Telecommunications or other relevant field.
- Has a minimum of 6 year’s-experience in the IT/TEC sector and in particular operating and supporting Microsoft Windows server OS, client OS and O365 systems; network infrastructure; telecommunications systems like VSATS, radios and wireless LAN systems. OR additional years of experience with a first degree.
- Fluency in English and any or more of the following languages: Kakwa, Lugbara, Aringa, Alur Madi, Luo, Acholi is an added advantage.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies to network, align activities and support inter-agency collaboration in the delivery of deep field of IT solutions and Telecommunications that support the CO CSP and other UN activities.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic TEC services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Manage and coordinate a team of IT support staff including the capacity building of staff, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Provide training and advice to clients and end users of IT services, understand, and resolve issues and ensure IT policies, procedures, systems, and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Oversee the maintenance of systems and hardware by junior technology assistants to ensure technology is running effectively for WFP staff.
- Develop and deploy technical documentation on equipment for use by WFP staff to ensure staff have access to the required IT services and products.
- Actively gather requirements and understand programmatic needs to support the implementation of new applications to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Possession of industry recognized certificates such as CCNA, ITIL, MCSE, CISSP, COMPUIT etc is desirable
- Has basic knowledge of power systems and back-up power systems
- Knowledge of application development and data analysis is a plus.
Advertisement details and Apply Now