IT Administrator and Trainer Job 2023 at Mbarara by Ripple Effect Career. Ripple Effect, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified IT Administrator and Trainer to join their team.
IT Administrator and Trainer Job 2023 at Mbarara by Ripple Effect
Ripple Effect Uganda is a growing and dynamic international development charity creating a wave of change in rural Africa. We are a partnership of experienced and committed staff, working with farming families in Africa. We are all inspired by the need to create an even greater impact on hunger and poverty in rural communities that are increasingly threatened by economic challenges and the climate crisis. Together, we support families to learn more, grow more and sell more. They then share what they know and have with their communities, creating a ripple effect of environmentally sustainable change across rural Africa. We are at an exciting stage in our history, as we have re-branded from Send a Cow with an ambitious new 2030 strategy to multiply our impact.
Vacancy Post Name:
- IT Administrator and Trainer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Ripple Effect
Last Date to Apply
- 10th March 2023
- Mbarara, Uganda
- Information Systems Advisor with a dotted line to the Finance & Admin Manager.
- A technology focused undergraduate degree or a minimum of a diploma in IT/Computer Science.
- Professional qualifications in Microsoft, CompTIA & Cisco will be an added advantage.
- 2-3 years’ experience in providing technical support related to hardware and software in a similar role.
- Providing solutions to system failures or coordinating to solve the issues.
- Configuring and monitoring wireless access points in the entire network.
- Maintaining and updating Network documentation, operating procedures and business continuity policies.
- Support the Ripple Effect IT team in the setup of 11 new offices and 76 staff.
- Oversee software and hardware upgrades and installations, and ensure ccompliance with confidentiality and data protection and security laws and policies
- Implement security processes for the various systems and network components including MFA & SSPR.
- Draft procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of the IT equipment.
- Manage Uganda’s external IT support company to ensure issues are resolved promptly.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to set up and manage internet routers, wifi access points, printers, projectors, scanners
- Able to work with PC Laptops, Android Tablets & Satellite phones.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to explain computer and IT concepts to staff who may have very basic IT knowledge
- Able to effectively manage, operate, repair and maintain PC and local office hardware and software applications.
Download and fill in the application form provided below
Submit your application online to email@example.com clearly indicating the position and location you are applying for in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday 10th March 2023 at 5:00pm EAT.
Please note that CVs will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.