IRRI Scientist Seed Systems and Product Management Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the IRRI is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Scientist Seed Systems and Product Management position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with IRRI.
IRRI Scientist Seed Systems and Product Management Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 07, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 05, 2022.
|IRRI EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 07, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 05, 2022|
|Position||Scientist Seed Systems and Product Management|
IRRI Scientist Seed Systems and Product Management Jobs 2022
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Ph.D. in agricultural sciences.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Ph.D. in agricultural sciences with specialization in Plant Breeding/Agriculture extension/Agronomy with minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of seed systems, seed standards in different African countries
- Experience of building partnerships in seed sector
- Experience of Agricultural product Management would be desirable
- Experience working in a developing countries
- Experience with Rice
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement product design and delivery road maps as part of a global product design strategy customized for local conditions
- Develop and enable public–private partnerships and private sector networks to create farmers’ demand for new products and generate sufficient agronomic data to increase varietal replacement rates through effective seed multiplication, demonstrations, and rapid out-scaling
- Carry out relevant research, develop forecast demand, and ensure timely supply of quality seed to end users by linking public- private sector stakeholders, dealers and farmers
- Develop and implement product knowledge dissemination strategies
- Identify the policy constraints and priorities and catalyze policy reforms to reduce bottlenecks on seed system development in different countries; assist different countries in the development of effective seed policies, mechanisms and technical skills for quality seed production, handling, procurement and distribution
- Contribute in the formulation and updating of national seed policy for different countries as needed
- Lead IRRI’s capacity building efforts to strengthen the national seed systems and public-private sector engagement in Africa
- Design product positioning, product life-cycle management strategies and tools for effective and data-driven product management
- Facilitate learning and exchange of knowledge between Asia and Africa through direct exchange and South-South Cooperation
- Ensure delivery of outcomes aligned with IRRI’s vision, mission, values, target goals, policies and procedure
- Represent IRRI in the African seed sector community, building on existing and forging new partnerships to speed progress of out-scaling through planned complementarity and synergy
- Proactive engagement with the other CGIAR centers within the frame of OneCGIAR
- Establish linkages between product design teams, breeding teams, and the most important decision makers within the value chain
- Lead a cross-functional product design team to create product profiles, coordinating between internal and external stakeholders, technical breeding teams, regional team and key players within seed systems to ensure product impact
- Work closely with IRRI scientists in rice breeding platform and other platforms, collaborate with government, donors, rice R&D partners (including NARES), private sector stakeholders to deliver on the ongoing project commitments and to explore new initiatives and partnerships
- Develop group strategy including the development of product profiles that deliver unique value based on customer demands, providing feedback to technical breeding teams on product performance in the marketplace, and updating product concepts based on increased knowledge of market demands and anticipated changes in the client demand landscape
- Ensure alignment to platform and institute strategy, plans, and priorities, and with regional strategies
- Deliver strategic direction of the project and/or team and substantially contribute to the strategic thinking and planning of the research agenda and seed and delivery systems
- Effectively execute needed partnerships (internal and external) to generate needed information and to drive data driven strategy to strengthen rice seed systems and Product management in Africa
- Lead teams including budget and time management, staff learning and development and performance management
- Supervise, coach and mentor scientific professional and support staff
- Publish and contribute actively to scientific papers, articles, posters to be used in local and international conferences, workshops, trainings etc.
- Actively seek external funding and secure partnerships for research and development with relevant platforms/clusters and regional team
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://www.irri.org/talentlink/details.html?id=Q7LFK026203F3VBQB79QWQWAS&nPostingID=1461&nPostingTargetID=2714&mask=irriext&lg=EN to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 05, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.irri.org|