IOM Programme Officer (Monitoring Evaluation and Communications) Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the IOM is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Programme Officer (Monitoring Evaluation and Communications) position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with IOM.
IOM Programme Officer (Monitoring Evaluation and Communications) Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 05, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 17, 2022.
|IOM EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 05, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 17, 2022|
|Position||Programme Officer (Monitoring Evaluation and Communications)|
IOM Programme Officer (Monitoring Evaluation and Communications) Jobs 2022
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Master’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English, French, and Spanish.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Accounting, International Development, Peace and Conflict Studies, International Relations, Community Development, Monitoring and Evaluation or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or;
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in international organizations and familiarity with the community stabilization and peace and security programming; familiarity with UN system is an asset;
- Experience in project support, reporting, strategic communications and M&E and research;
- Experience in writing technical documents, planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/ analysis;
- Working experience in Somalia is an asset.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization;
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming;
- Strong English writing skills suitable to a diverse range of audiences (e.g. internal IOM, donors, Somali government stakeholders);
- Working experience with Adobe Cloud (particularly, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), producing quality graphic design outputs and with GIS software, not a requirement but an advantage.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Collate information into new knowledge products in support of strategic priorities and support in the generation, sharing, and using knowledge to support improved programming, and to provide objective and evidence-based interpretations of data with pragmatic recommendations. Contribute to the design and production of topic guides, training modules, working papers, research reports, and data visualization media.
- Contribute to the development of programme strategies to help generate new programmatic opportunities for the Community Stabilization Programme and TRP and the IOM Somalia Mission.
- Liaise with the Community Stabilization programme teams and with the IOM Somalia Mission’s Project Support Unit (PSU) to support programmatic development and reporting. Work with programme staff to capture project achievements and challenges for reporting internally and to donors.
- Draft or compile regular, high quality unit updates, social media content, sitreps, external reports, factsheets, case studies, briefs and success stories as required, which are appropriate to target audiences, in accordance to donor compliance. Facilitate timely dissemination of products in close coordination with programme manager and M&E team.
- Contribute to the development of a visibility/communications plan and products for dissemination that increases IOM TRP visibility. Facilitate the production of short video documentaries, photo products etc. and draft press notes with accompanying photographs of TRP programme activities.
- Supervise the Community Stabilization Unit M&E team and provide technical M&E guidance to improve monitoring and evaluation during implementation and during the design phase of new projects by recommending enhancements to M&E tools that promote quality assurance.
- Support the implementation and update of the unit’s M&E strategy and the unit’s communications strategy.
- Organize and archive all relevant project documentation in the Community Stabilization Unit (CSU) SharePoint folder.
- Undertake regular duty travel to Mogadishu office and the field to support monitoring, donor visits, capacity building to national staff and counterparts, and visibility efforts as needed.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVEQ0IyRUNGMTE5RkQwNTYxMTgmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN# to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 17, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.iom.int|