IOM Programme Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the IOM is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Programme Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with IOM.
IOM Programme Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on May 07, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 19, 2022.
|IOM EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||May 07, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 19, 2022|
IOM Programme Officer Jobs 2022
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Master’s degree.
- Experience: 2 years relevant experience.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish. External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
- English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese). For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Public health, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in organizing and delivering training, strengthening capacities of colleagues.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM) and Results Based Management (RBM);
- Experience in the field of migration issues, including operational and field experience, IOM project development, management, and reporting.
- Experience in development practices such as Logical Frameworks as an advantage.
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) with experience in project evaluation preferred.
- Knowledge on BLMAs, Migrants health and labor migration trends of the region
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, donors, academia, other national/international institutions, and NGOs.
- Excellent team building skills with a track record in team coordination and building trust.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- 1. In consultation with BRMM Senior Regional Programme Coordinator, Management officer and LMHD RTS and other BRMM relevant staff, contribute to the development of project standardized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems including M&E plan, tools, quality assurance mechanisms and data collection methods and procedures.
- 2. Review existing monitoring mechanisms and reporting documents including but not limited to project-level M&E plans, data collection tools, Meeting Notes and Evaluation Reports and propose improvements where necessary.
- 3. Work in close consultation with BRMM Senior Regional Programme Coordinator, Management officer and relevant staff, to consolidate and share, as necessary, relevant M&E information to inform project progress and improvement in line with IOM and donor requirements.
- 4. Participate in the process for identifying the key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring programme performance and achievements. Contribute to the design of the format for performance reports.
- 5. Support in designing, testing, and reviewing information and data collection tools. Provide technical inputs, as required.
- 6. Undertake regular field visits to coordinate the implementation of M&E and to provide procedural guidance.
- 7. Coordinate and/or undertake and compile necessary project data collection tasks.
- 8. Organize and contribute to the staff capacity building and contribute to the development of training on specific M&E aspects.
- 9. Provide technical support to other similar programmes and projects of Regional Office to facilitate a common approach.
- 10. Provide support for evaluation and collaborate with the Project Team to draft management response for evaluation recommendations and support with the monitoring of their implementation.
- 11. Draft and implement collaborative learning agenda for organizational learning and decision-making. Draft, compile and/or review monthly, quarterly and/or annual internal and external project reports, not limited to M&E.
- 12. Support the programme staff in the development and design of new projects for donor submission, including carrying out specific thematic assessments as required.
- 13. Ensure proper coordination with affiliate Country Office M&E representatives, through the Regional M&E Officer, for all requested coordination tasks, including RO’s Evaluation Planning and implementation, Management Follow up Responses, M&E institutional strengthening and capacity building, etc.
- 14. Conducting BLMAs corridor assessments whenever necessary and prepare recommendations/guidance to inform the process of developing and implementing BLMAs and conducting training on BLMAs.
- 15. Engage and provide support to the RMFMs Ministerial and Technical working groups events, workshops/trainings, rapid assessments, and other related activities.
- 16. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVEQ0IzOUU1Njg1NkE1RjIxMTgmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN# to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 19, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.iom.int|