IOM Movement Operations Manager Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the IOM is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Movement Operations Manager position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with IOM.
IOM Movement Operations Manager Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 13 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 25 April 2022.
|IOM EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||13 April 2022|
|Closing Date||25 April 2022|
|Position||Movement Operations Manager|
IOM Movement Operations Manager Jobs 2022
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Master’s degree.
- Experience: seven years
- Language: IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of migrants’ assistance with a government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization.
- Prior Movement Operations experience, especially in IOM, is highly preferred.
- Experience in the region an advantage.
- Transportation-related and/or management experience is a strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.); Knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis an added advantage.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Ops team in the mission who are undertaking movement operations activities in Ethiopia, including activities related to field support, movements, data processing and compliance. Support staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties, and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of activities. In locations throughout the country where there is no Movement Operations Officer or Manager, serve as technical supervisor for movement operations staff members.
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of airport services for arriving and departing individuals in Ethiopia, including in relation to documentation, luggage, escorts, and special services. Ensure staff deliver the highest quality service, interact appropriately with airport and government officials, and handle urgent issues as they occur. Monitor the work schedule, validate hours, and process relevant financial paperwork in coordination with the IOM finance department.
- Oversee staff as they assist individuals at transit centers or third-party facilities. Monitor the weekly shift schedule, ensuring coverage is adequate to maintain a professional, safe, secure, and clean environment; address issues as they arise and continually seek ways in which IOM can improve services. For third party facilities, regularly conduct checks to ensure accommodation is up to IOM standards. Manage assets and inventories, process financial paperwork, supervise quality control of vendors, and manage the transit center vehicles and related schedules, staff, and paperwork, if relevant.
- Ensure selection mission support, exit permit support, interpretation services and pre-departure counselling are coordinated for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water, according to the highest ethical standards and guidelines established by IOM. Supervise the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities and address special needs, such as meals, medication, wheelchairs, and medical conditions. Handle financial paperwork related to selection mission, exit permit or interpretation services as needed.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 25 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.iom.int|